The dates for the 2019 North West Equestrian Expo are Friday, May 31 to Tuesday, June 4.
The Committee of the North West Equestrian Expo welcome all competitors to our 2019 event.
School Team Managers need to register before individual entries are processed.
Timeline for Expo 2019
Food at Expo – Again Rotary and the High School P&C will be catering during the event. Their updated menus will be included in future updates.
This year the High School P&C operating from the Hut on the highway side of the Showground will be offering pre-ordered meals. See attached NW EXPO 2019 Dinner Order. All funds raised support the school and all ingredients are sourced locally.
Please watch this site for updates, stable lists and draws over the next few weeks.
Team Entries – Team Polo X and Team Penning entry forms will be available on the Nominate site on Monday 6th May. The Team Manager is the only one from schools who can submit this form and team entries close Monday 20th May.
Accommodation – There is still some motel and self contained units available in Coonabarabran. The Warrumbungle Visitors Information Centre (6849 2144) has a list of available accommodation.
Scratchings – All scratchings should be accompanied by a vet or medical certificate in order to receive entry fee refunds. Stables and yards will be refunded till 17th May. Scratchings after this date will not receive a refund on their stables/yards regardless of the reason for the scratching.
Entries close this Friday 3 May via www.nominate.com.au
13 April – 1 May late entries with a $30 late fee will be accepted subject to the proviso that the particular event is not full.
1- 13 May Team Managers to enter Polocrosse and Team Penning via form on Nominate. This includes individual riders from schools who will be put in composite teams by the head stewards.
17 May no refunds on stables or yards after this date
27 May Stable and Yard numbers available on website
28 May Draw for ODE, Combined Training and Friday Freestyle Dressage on website.
Thursday 30 May Gates open 7.00 am for competitors to enter
Friday 31 May:
- 10.30 am Team Managers collect back numbers from office
- 11.00 am Riders competing on Friday collect individual back numbers from office
- 12.30 pm Dressage for Eventing 2* 1* EvA95 and EvA80 in main arena Showground
- 3.00 pm Cross Country course open for walking
- 4.00 pm Friday Freestyle Dressage commences main arena Showground
- 5.30 pm Team Managers Meeting Coonabarabran Bowling Club
Competitors should note the following:
- Body protectors are compulsory for Cross Country in Eventing.
- Medical Armbands must be worn at all times when competing, exercising horses and around the stables. There will be a limited number for sale – riders are advised to purchase these prior to the event. The medical armband information template can be downloaded from this site prior to the event.
- This year for the first time mouth guards or helmet guards are compulsory for all competitors in all divisions of Polocrosse.
- Please read the refund policy carefully before requesting a refund.
Some changes in 2019:
- All dressage tests for Monday Dressage, Eventing and Combined Training will be the “new 2019 tests”. We will provide links to these tests in the program.
- A new stable block with large stables is being built and should be ready for the 2019 Expo. Some of the existing stables have been enlarged to accommodate big horses.
- This year we will not be running Horseball.
Riders in Active Riding may participate in both the Team Hunt and Open Team of Four riders.
Thoroughbred Industry Careers (TIC) is our major sponsor this year. There will be further information focusing on careers in the racing industry in the forum they are hosting at Expo as well as later on this site.